2013 Greek Festival of Pensacola
Mark your calendar for the 54th festival to be held Oct 11-13 2013.
Like a visit to Greece, the Pensacola Greek Festival offers a rich, multi-sensory experience of Greek hospitality and culture. Savory cuisine, soulful music, lively dancing, and educational tours transform the church grounds at 1720 West Garden Street into a three day “glendi” (celebration).
The Pensacola Greek Festival has become one of the area’s signature fall festivals. The 3 day cultural event provides an opportunity for the Pensacola Greeks to share their heritage, culture and faith with the local community. The event is held on the church grounds at 1720 West Garden Street under large tents and includes live bouzouki music, folk dance performances, a variety of delicious foods, shopping in the Greek Market and tours of the church. Hours are Friday from 11am- 10pm, Saturday from 11am- 10pm, and Sunday from 12 noon - 6pm. Admission to the festival is free of charge.
Food, music and dancing are not the only attractions offered at this festival. Visitors can attend twenty minute church tours to see the architectural beauty of the inside of an Orthodox Christian church and learn a little about the Orthodox faith and its culture. Byzantine hymns will be sung by choir members at the end of each tour.
The Festival is truly a labor of love by our parishioners. Months of preparation goes into the planning and presentation of this event. Stop by the Hellenic Center on any weekend in the fall and you will see many cheerful faces and busy hands as church members prepare food so they can share their food, their faith and their ethnic pride for one weekend each year to their Gulf Coast neighbors. Volunteers are welcome to assist in pre-festival food preparation. The best way for non-parishioners to stay up to date on work dates is to follow us on Facebook where we will post those dates as events.
- Explore the festival website at http://www.PensacolaGreekFestival.com
- Call the church office at 850-433-2662
- Follow the Greek Fest on Facebook (facebook.com/PensacolaGreekFestival)
- Subscribe to email list on the website
- UWF Festival on the Green 2015
- The Zombie 5K Run! The infection is spreading.
- Bands on the Beach - Not Quite Fab
- Bands on the Beach - Holly Shelton
- 26th Annual Wine and Food Classic in Downtown Pensacola and Pensacola Beach
- Repticon Pensacola Reptile & Exotic Animal Show
- ReptiDay Pensacola Reptile & Exotic Animal Expo
- The 80th Pensacola Interstate Fair 2014
- Bands on the Beach - Kyle Parker Band
- Unlimited Horizons Monthly Speaker
- Unlimited Horizons 2014 Psychic Fair
- 55th Pensacola Greek Festival
- Bands on the Beach - Mass Kunfuzion
- Gov't Mule @ Saenger Theatre
- Bands on the Beach - Hot Sauce Band